House For Sale New Westminster
Congratulations are in order if you decide it is time to buy your first home. This is a process that is exhilarating but may also feel a bit overwhelming or intimidating. Since this is one of the bigger financial moves you will make in your lifetime, you need to know that the house for sale in New Westminster you choose will be perfect for your needs and budget. Finding the best local realtors will make the process as painless and smooth as possible.
Helpful First Home-Buyer Tips From A Real Estate Brokerage Firm
Our staff at Team Keenan Neilly would like to offer our clients several key factors. The more you know about the process, the more you know will boost your confidence and give you the tools to enhance your journey into homeownership.
- Know your monthly costs – When formulating your housing budget, always include potential expenses rather than just the mortgage and sale price. Houses for sale also come with insurance premiums, property taxes, utility bills, and a variety of other recurring costs.
- Monitor interest rates – The best real estate agencies will always tell you about interest rates and the mortgage you plan on getting. The size of your payments could fluctuate with a floating-rate mortgage. However, you get a locked-in rate with a fixed-rate mortgage no matter how interest rates move.
- Think about your commute times – As you look for a house for sale in New Westminster, consider how long it may take you during your work commute. Many home buyers will test out local transit options or take a test drive to see how long of a drive they are in for during commuting hours.
- Educate yourself on local schools – If you have children or plan on them in the future, take time to look into the school choices in the area you plan to move to. You can look online to learn more about school budget history, what other parents are saying, and school rankings.
- Scope out community life and amenities – Whether you are a theater buff or want great restaurants to enjoy, any top real estate company will tell you that looking at local amenities is crucial. Whatever you may be passionate about, look at the community website or New Westminster social pages to see what the offerings are.
- Go with an experienced real estate – You might be amazed at the many benefits of having a trusted real estate professional in your corner. They get to know you and your needs and work to represent your interests throughout the home search and buying process. We would love to help here at Team Keenan Neilly!
When it is time for you to start shopping for a house for sale in New Westminster, we can go over all of your possibilities here at Team Keenan Neilly. We are available to act as your first-time home buyer liaison to go over any questions you have, set you up to view multiple properties, and make the process easy. Give us a call at your earliest convenience by dialing (604) 412-5879.